Wednesday, January 31, 2018

Purple Poppies

This stamp from The Ton has been waiting for me to give it some love.  I think I've just been intimidated by it, so I've been procrastinating!  So, today I put on my big girl panties and dealt with it.  
Like most things I procrastinate about, it wasn't nearly as scary or difficult as I thought.  Actually, it is a fun stamp to color.  I chose my favorite color.  There's something about purple....it is regal, and at the same time unpretentious and fun.  And I love it with green.  It makes me smile.

The stamp is from The Ton, as I mentioned.  It is a clear set called Thoughtful Poppies

I embossed the stamp in white on some lavender card stock.  To color it, I used Tombow markers and a Dove blender.  I added white highlights with a Prismacolor colored pencil, and details with a white gel pen.  

Some distress ink brushed around the edges of the panel softened it a bit.  I embossed the verse (from the same set) onto vellum, and attached it.  I layered the whole shebang onto a plum panel, then onto a white card.  A few white pearl sequins finish off the card.

I am entering my card in these challenges:

The Ton Challenge  - Cheers

Addicted To Stamps - Make Your Mark

Tuesday Throwdown - Favorite color (purple)
 
The Daily Marker 30 Day Color Challenge 

I hope you are staying healthy and warm, wherever you are. Winter is cold, snowy, and long here in the northeast USA.  I'm so glad I have my craft room to hibernate in when I get tired of dealing with the snow. 

Thanks so much for dropping by.  It is always great to hear from you.

Blessings,

4 comments:

  1. It's lovely. The "BIG GIRL PANTIES" worked!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a beautiful image Lynda and you have coloured it beautifully. Who wouldn't love to receive this in the mail!
    Thanks for sharing with us at ATSM, and I hope you will join us again soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am glad you took the plunge. The card is absolutely gorgeous! Thank you for joining us at ATSM Challenges. Hope to see you again soon. Nandini, DT

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcomed and appreciated!