Tuesday, January 16, 2018

Cup of Flowers

Power Poppy teamed with Page Maps for their challenge this month.  I thought I would give it a try.  Here's my card....
I used Power Poppy's Everything's Rosy digital stamp set for the image, and a stamp from the Dynamic Duos Peonies & Tulips clear stamp set for the verse.

I printed the image onto white card stock.  I used my Faber-
Castell Polychromos colored pencils to color the image, and added the yellow haze around it with colored pencil.  I did go over the lines of the drawing with a Micron pen afterwards, as the colored pencil tends to dull the lines.  Here is a close-up of the coloring....

I used a die from the Spellbinders A2 Valiant Honor Card Creator die set for the image.  For the accent pieces along the sides of the panel the image is on, I used Lawn Fawn's Stitched Scalloped Borders, and Die-namics Blueprints 5 for the purple one.  The verse is on a die I had in my stash, already cut.  I do not know what it is.

I layered patterned papers onto a 5 x 6 1/2" card base, then used foam tape to adhere the image panel. 

I am not a fan of patterned papers.  I rarely use them in my stamping.  I have tons of it, as I used it when I did a lot more scrapbooking.  For my cards, I really don't use it much.  So, I'm a little out of my comfort zone here.

The Power Poppy Challenge  (Power and Spark) is to use a Page Map with their stamps to create a card.  
Here is the Page Map I chose....
As you can see, I used the sketch vertically instead of horizontally.  Other than that, I pretty much followed it.

I am also using their Hues to Use inspiration photo for my card....
I really wasn't so sure about the color combo, but kind of like it now that I used it.  

That's what I love about challenges.  The challenge to try something you wouldn't probably do otherwise.  It's so easy to get stuck in a rut and do the same thing all the time.  Who knows, I may even start using some of my reams and reams of patterned paper more now!

I am also adding my card to the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge - Use patterned paper!

And, of course, I will send it along to The Daily Marker  for the 30 Day Color Challenge there.

Thanks so much for stopping by.  I hope you're having a great day.  

Be blessed,



4 comments:

  1. This is beautifully done Lynda! The combination of colours is really great with image and the multi colours on the roses is gorgeous! Thanks so much for joining us at Power Poppy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous! I really like the way you colored the roses and the decorative frame is wonderful touch. Fantastic card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Goooorgeous card Lynda, great effect with the layout and colours...lovely

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow, gorgeous card, luv the stunning flowers and your coloring! I am so glad you played along with us at simon says stamp wednesday challenge!

    blog-paperie blooms
    ig-2klines

    sparkle & shine, kindness *~*

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcomed and appreciated!