Tuesday, September 20, 2016

Simon Says Stamp CAS Card

Just popping in quickly to post a card for the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge .  The theme is clean and simple, which is definitely not my style, but a challenge is a challenge!  So, here goes......
I started with a watercolor like paper.  It's not true watercolor paper, but has a great texture, and has minimal watercolor paper like qualities.  Using mustard seed TH distress ink, I used the smoosh technique to apply some color to the card.  I let that dry thoroughly.  Well, ok....I didn't let it dry, I helped it along a bit with my heat tool.  Impatient I am. 

Next I heat embossed the verse from Simon Says Stamp Blessed clear stamp set SSS101370 with copper embossing powder.  

I stamped some leaves and bits from the Simon Says Stamp Handwritten Floral Greetings SSS101627 with various TH fall color distress inks.  I layered the panel onto some textured copper paper, then onto an A2 card made from the same stock as the panel.

A tiny sprinkling of 'diamonds'...crystals which I shaded with Sharpies....and that was that.  I walked away from the card before I was tempted to take it to the next level, thereby disqualifying it from the CAS challenge.

I am also adding my card to these challenges:

Addicted to Stamps Challenge  - Trees, branches, leaves

Make My Monday Challenge  - Autumn/fall colors

Simply Less Is More - Diamonds (crystals and background paper has diamond pattern)

Simon Says Stamp Flickr Challenge - Colors of fall

That's it for today.  I appreciate you stopping to visit.  If you are so inclined, I would love to hear your comments.  And if you would like email notifications of my blog posts, just sign up in the Follow by email area on the right.

Blessings,

lynda



 

8 comments:

  1. Love the beautiful fall colors, Lynda, and I think you made an awesome CAS card! Thanks for playing with us at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fab make and a glorious colour too

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty!!! Thanks for joining us at Make My Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A lovely card, such warm and cozy colours perfect for this time of year. Thanks for playing along with us at Less is More :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautifully done and love your magical Autumn shades of watercolour. Like an explosion of fire! Great take on our challenge and Thanks for playing along with us at Less is More this week. Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  6. What gorgeous warm tones you've used. The diamond paper and gemstones are perfect for our challenge and it's a great CAS card. We do like to see a little more white space on our entries but you've certainly done well with the CAS theme.
    Thanks for sharing with us.
    Anita x
    Less is More

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card. Thank you so much for entering our challenge.
    Greetings, Veerle DT Addicted to stamps

    ReplyDelete
  8. A beautiful CAS card in lovely colours! Thanks for joining our challenge at Addicted to Stamps. Marlies

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcomed and appreciated!