Tuesday, July 26, 2016

Hello Daisies Card

Daisies are my favorite flower.  They're cheerful and perky, and fresh.  They brighten my garden, and in a little vase in the house they bring cheer to my decor.
 I decided to try the no-line watercolor technique with this lovely bunch of daisies by Stampendous!  I do not know the name/number of the stamp, as I stamped it at my friend's house the other day, and brought it home to color it.  I neglected to get the info...so sorry.  The hello is from Stampendous' clear set SSC039, and is an oldie but goodie set.

I stamped my daisies with antique linen in the TH distress inks, and proceeded to watercolor using various shades of distress inks.  As daisies are white, it was a challenge to get them to look dimensional.  I think it came out ok, but I need to work on this making white petals look like petals thing.  I think I went a little too dark with the background, so thought I'd brighten it up with the blue and white gingham ribbon.  Also, I used my Signo white gel pen to make some highlight dots on the background, and that perked it up a tad.

I am adding my card to the The Daily Marker - Day 22 of the 30 Day Coloring Challenge.  Eight days to go!  Wow...it's going by quickly!

Thanks for stopping by today.  Hope you are enjoying you summer.

Blessings,

lynda
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcomed and appreciated!