Tuesday, September 6, 2016

In All Things of Nature Challenge Card

I purchased this awesome background stamp by Impression-Obsession at a rubber stamp convention I attended in Syracuse this summer, and just LOVE it.  I do have an obsession with all things leaves/trees/fall.......  Well, you get the idea.  

The Impression-Obsession challenge this month is Falling For You.  I took one look at this stamp, and knew I had to use it for this challenge!

I started with a half-sheet of watercolor paper, and created the leaf background design on the entire piece.  I inked the stamp with Tim Holtz distress inks, spritzed it with water, and stamped it onto the card stock, repeating until the sheet was full.  Then, I added some spatters by flicking my ink-filled brush onto the piece.  I cannot claim credit for the technique, or the color combo, as I was intrigued by Shari Carroll's post on Simon Says Stamp blog here:  Distress color combos, where Shari introduced several combinations of distress inks that work well together, and the colors I used here is one of her combos.  With my love of all things leaves, and all things fall, I simply had to make a card using this technique/colors.  The colors used here are broken china, rusty hinge, peeled paint, and walnut stain.  Don't they look awesome together, and just scream FALL!   Click on the link and see some of Shari's other combo recipes...they're all gorgeous.

After creating the watercolor background, I cut a strip for my card, and added a narrow strip of glitter paper beside it.  It just seemed to need that little something.  

I stamped the verse, also from Impression-Obsession, onto a scrap piece of cardstock, and die cut it, adding some distressing along the edges with rusty hinge.  Some foam tape raises it up for dimension, adding another element of texture to the card.  The pearls tie the composition together.  Since I didn't have all of these colors in pearls, I used my Copics and Sharpies to color them.

Keeping it clean and simple today.  I struggle every time I try to do this, but I must say, I kind of like the look of CAS.  I know it won't become a regular thing with me, because I love my embellishments, but I know I will be doing more of these type cards.  Trying to be well-rounded in my style.

I am also adding this card to these challenges:

AAA Cards - New to you technique (color recipes)


Little Red Wagon - Let's get inky (I did)

Simon Says Monday Challenge - Stamp it!

Simon Says Wednesday Challenge - Anything goes

Time Out Challenges - Inspiration Verse - “Love the trees until their leaves fall off, then encourage them to try again next year.”

So, that's it for my Tuesday post.  We had our two grandkids over the three day weekend, and I'm relaxing and taking it a bit easy today.  Two girls ages 5 and 11 are active, and love to go, go, go.  Nana and Papa did a pretty good job of keeping up with them....but we're paying for it now.  But they live an hour and a  half away, so we cram as much as we can into our time together when they visit.

Thank you so very much for stopping by today.  I appreciate your support.

Blessings,

lynda

 

7 comments:

  1. Lynda, I had to comment on your beautiful card today. The colors are gorgeous together, and I would never think of using Broken China on fall leaves. I agree with you that Shari Carroll has provided us with some beautiful combinations of Distress Inks. And so thoughtful of her to share those combos with us. I just wanted to say that with this card, you have done Shari "proud"!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The watercoloured leaves panel is gorgeous. Love it. Thanks for playing along Simon Says Stamp Anything Goes Challenge. Gayatri xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card!!! Love your "inky" leaves! :)Thanks for playing along with the Girlfriends at Little Red Wagon this week! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is beautiful, Lynda. So very lovely and serene. Thanks for playing along at AAA Cards. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love love love this color combo! Your leaves are fantastic, gorgeous work! Thanks for joining us this week on Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog! Barbara

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous card! I love the colors you chose for the leaves and the technique you used! Thanks for taking the Time Out to play with us!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such pretty Autumn colours - I especially like the splashes of blue - and they are showcased beautifully with your Distress watercolour technique! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Time Out! Jill

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcomed and appreciated!