Wednesday, July 27, 2016

You Inspire Me Card

As I was looking through my stamps for a project I was working on, I came across my Altenew 'Painted Butterflies' clear stamp set.  I pulled it out and placed it on my desk, thinking it would be a great set to use for today's card for the 30 day color challenge at The Daily Marker  .  

On a piece of watercolor paper, I used one of the solid butterfly shapes.  I spritzed the paper liberally with clear water, inked my stamp with TH lucky clover distress ink, spritzed it as well, then stamped it onto the wet watercolor paper.  As anticipated, the image blurred into a pool of color.  I dried this with my heat tool, then inked the same stamp again, with the same ink, and spritzed it (lightly this time), then stamped it over the pool of color on the paper.  Then I inked the outline of the same image, when dry, and stamped it over the solid image.  

I repeated this process with five more butterflies, changing between lucky clover and salty ocean distress inks between butterflies.  In a couple of them, I combined both colors on the same butterfly image.  When dry, I spattered ink onto the stamped panel.  

The verse is from the same stamp set, and I embossed it with gold embossing.  To carry the gold through, I created a gold border using my Krylon gold leafing pen.  Then I went back in and added some spatters around the images using the gold pen.

I mounted the panel onto another watercolor panel, slightly larger, tore the right edge, and adhered it to a white card base.  I am proud of myself for keeping it clean and simple (well, for me it is).

I am also adding my card to these challenges:

Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge - Anything Goes

Addicted To Stamps  - Clean and Simple 
AAA Cards - One Stash Favorite (Butterfly stamp set)

I hope you are staying cool in the heat, if you are in one of the areas affected.  This is one of the hottest summer's we have had in a long time.  I am really (don't hate me) looking forward to fall!

Thanks so much for stopping by today.  Think positive, kind thoughts, and enjoy your day.

Blessings,

lynda




4 comments:

  1. So beautiful! Love all the squidgy watercoloured butterflies and fabulous colours too. Thanks for playing at AAA cards.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card Lynda! I love those pretty butterflies.
    Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
    Mandy xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely card with loose watercoloring technique!
    Thank You for playing with Addicted to Stamps and More - CAS Challenge!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcomed and appreciated!