Sunday, July 24, 2016

Count Your Blessings Card

I love pears!  I like them very, very, hard and tart.  I like them soft and sweet.  I like them in desserts.  I just plain like them...a lot!  So, when I saw a couple of challenges involving food, I decided to get out my pear stamps, and have a play!

For the pear panel, I 'inked' my Stamp In The Hand pear (three pears on one stamp) with Twinkling H20's.  I simply added water to the pots of twinklers (like that name?) rubbed my paint brush around in the colors to form watercolor, and painted different shades right onto the stamp.  I then spritzed the stamp with water to reactivate the paints, and stamped them onto some linen card stock.  I die cut the panel using My Favorite Things die-namics stitched tag die set, and stamped 'love' using Printworks Q045 PW Borders clear set.
To offset the shimmer, I mounted the tag onto some antique gold shimmer card stock, and used my Perfect Layers tool to create a 1/8 inch border.

For the card, I used the same antique gold card stock.  I layered a piece of the linen card stock onto that, leaving a 1/8 inch border.  Almost forgot....I had stamped and embossed 'count your blessings' verse with gold embossing (Printworks  Q040 Happy Spring clear stamp set).  Pawing through my 'stash,' I found some woven fiber sheets, and just happen to have had one with gold threads in it!  How pear-fect was that!  So, of course, I had to add that.  

I popped the pear panel onto the card using craft foam to give it dimension and interest, created a little thread nest with gold thread, and tucked that into the corner, securing with a little squeeze of Ranger Matte Medium.  Finally, out came my Swarovski crystals in colors of the pears.  Love my crystals for embellishing! 

Here are a couple of close-ups.  I tried to capture the shimmer, but alas, it does not show up in the photos.  In real life, it's soooooo shimmery and glisteny....I think I just invented a word.



Love this fiber sheet!

 Today is day 20 of the 30 Day Color Challenge at The Daily MarkerTen more days to go.  I've really been having fun with this challenge.  It's not too late, if you want to join in.  You do not have to 'catch up.'  You can jump in at any time, and post on the days that you can.  Come on over and check it out!  

I am also adding my card to these challenges:
Simply Less Is More - Use something tactile (fiber sheet, crystals, thread).  Note on this one.... My card may be too busy to be considered CAS, so to the moderators of that blog, I totally understand if you cannot use it.  Please let me know.  Thanks.
Little Red Wagon   Challenge 351 - I'm Hungry! 
House of Cards   Food, Drink, or colors
Tuesday Throwdown - Favorite Embellishments

That's it for today.  Hubby is anxiously waiting for me to play Farkel, so off I go.  Thank you so much for stopping and visiting today.  Hope to see you back soon.

Blessings,

lynda

 

10 comments:

  1. This card is beautiful! I LOVE the bold colors you used on the pears--and the gold accents are absolutely perfect! Thanks for joining us at House of Cards! Sending HUGS! :) Mynn xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love love your pears, wonderful card Linda.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Lynda, your pears are coloured brilliantly with your various inks... however as you already guessed it is a little busy for us at Less is More... we like to see few layers, minimal embellishments and most importantly areas of white space!
    DO join us again!
    Thanks so much
    Chrissie
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your pears look yummy. I like how you added the pink, very eye catching. Thanks for sharing at Less is More!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love! The watercolor look is amazing. Or should I say, beyond compear? Thanks for sharing at HOC!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card and the pears are stunning! Glad you joined us at House of Cards! Donna DT

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous effect with the H2Os and I love the use of paper embedded with thread for texture. A little busy for LIM, yes, but a beautifully made card and a fabulous effect - hope to see you back with us soon! Esther (LIM)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow!! Your pears look fantastic! I've never tried that method of stamping so was curious to read what you did. Thanks for the explanation!

    Thanks for joining us at Little Red Wagon this week!

    Kate
    Small Bits of Paper

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very pretty - love how you colored the pears, very craetive. Thanks for joining us at HOC this month. Shirley H.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Just gorgeous vibrant colours on your pears, who knew that would work?! Perhaps a little busy for Less is More but I love it all the same :)
    Thanks for sharing with us.
    Anita x
    Less is More

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcomed and appreciated!